Friday 15 February 2019

Securing work experience after a company trek - Law student Harjit Chatha


I have had the chance of going on a company trek to Lamb Chambers Barristers, Middle Temple, London, on the 14th March 2018. This was my second company trek and I am very glad that I took the opportunity to visit Lamb Chambers. The reason why I went to this company trek, a leading barristers' chambers was to explore and get to know more about the life of barristers. 

I knew to appreciate the opportunity given and pay attention to the information being given by the barristers. It was an intriguing and motivating experience for me as I listened to the barristers explain a situation of making a mistake in the courtroom in a light hearted manner.



We were then taken on a tour to the law library and around the chambers. Through taking part in this trek, I learned that the chambers had a very friendly atmosphere; the barristers were very helpful and kind. The barristers that took us on the tour took a genuine interest in the choices of modules we were studying and the future plans we had. They also gave us information about the routes into the career as a barrister and the financial help that is available. 


After the company trek, I decided to apply for the mini-pupillage being offered by Lamb Chambers and took the advice given in the trek and incorporated the tips given into the application form. I am glad to say that I was successful and undertook a four day placement at Lamb Chambers Barristers, Middle Temple Lane, London.

Find out where the next Company Trek is taking place here!


The main reason behind my success is the fact that I had been to the trek which helped improve my application significantly rather than just having generic application answers. By attending this company trek allowed me to expand my search for potential law firms and barrister chambers and to consider applying to, in order to help gain experience whilst at university.



Overall, the fact that I had been to the trek and actually seen the individuals that worked there and the way they carried themselves made me decide to apply for the mini-pupillage and I am glad I was successful in obtaining one of the twenty positions that were offered. 

I highly recommend to all students to actively sign up and participate in company treks offered by the Careers Network.
Blog written by Harjit Chatha, LL.B. Bachelor of Laws
Compiled by Hassana Ahmed

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decent post,thanks for sharing such thought and tips.This blog is helpful for those individuals. to help disputing parties come to an agreement.
    Best commercial Barrister

    ReplyDelete