Thursday 5 January 2023

How your experiences can shape your start-up: Kritesh Bisht

Sometimes a start-up idea can spring up from personal experiences. How many times have you seen something and thought to yourself, "this could be so much better if it was done a little differently". 
In this blog we feature UoB Management graduate Kritesh Bisht who has done exactly that and is in the process of starting up his UK business, InStudents
Kritesh has previously founded Decartem, an AI start-up in India providing security solutions for schools and educational institutions in tier-3 Indian cities, and is also the founder of an Indian social enterprise: Equal Opportunities Project (EQOP),  creating opportunities for students in rural India
Kritesh: As an international student, I know how difficult and exhausting the process of applying to universities in the UK is. It is difficult to get relevant information from sources that you can trust. I had a lot of difficulties finding the right source of unbiased information. 
My business idea allows international students to make a sound decision while selecting an institution in the UK to study at by providing them with relevant information. 
It also allows universities to manage their offer holders allowing them to showcase what the university and the city have to offer, reducing the burden on the admissions/student recruitment department in the process.
For international students, studying in the UK is a monumental decision. InStudents is going to improve a student’s UK education experience by ensuring they have enough information to make the right decision. 
I am still at an early stage and am researching the content and its delivery.
I am an international student who is here in the UK for the first time. I might have experience running my own company, but I do not have experience running my own company in the UK. I am relatively new to the country and do not have ample knowledge of how things work here. 
Finding the right guidance is crucial at this moment as it will shape the future of the company and, in a way, it will shape my future as well. I feel I am going to get that support on the UoB Elevate programme. 


As InStudents will be operating in the sector of higher education, it makes sense to be incubated at one of the top universities in the UK. It will add credibility to the brand. I am passionate about the education sector and feel good quality education can help people and communities grow. I want to remove the stigma and barriers that are attached to studying abroad and help students in tier-3 and rural India realise that it is an option that can be considered.
As the company grows I will be looking for investment to build an app, build content, set up the back-end on a cloud server, and leverage social media to expand.
With thanks to Kritesh Bisht
Added by Bob Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment