Thursday 14 April 2022

The lash start-up helping students to relax during the exam period - Efiah Clifford-Brown

Efiah Clifford-Brown is an Anthropology and African Studies undergraduate at the University of Birmingham and she has recently created a start-up business called Lashes By Fi.

The company is a home-based business providing beauty treatments and offers customers a space to create relaxation. 

Efiah: I came up with the idea after seeing a few people I knew start an eyelash extension business during lockdown. I was stressed during my exam period at university and started getting my lashes done by someone I knew. 

Then I began thinking how amazing it would be to offer services from my own business and help fellow students relax with my own beauty treatments. I'm now qualified in eyelash extensions and love having my clients leave my salon feeling relaxed and refreshed.

As I'm a student, I didn't have a lot of money to invest in equipment but knew I wanted to do things properly. So the conversation I had with B-Enterprising by email reassured me that I could get all the equipment I needed with their Start-Up Fund.

The best part about starting this venture is seeing new clients and building a connection with them. The biggest challenge with being an entrepreneur is keeping my diary up to date! I am looking into online scheduling as my business grows so I can take more clients on and give them the best possible experience.

I wish I knew how difficult it was to manage my time! When I'm not seeing a client, I'm posting on social media or answering messages to new clients. Its definitely a balance of being bust yet enjoyable at the same time

What advice would I give to someone else considering starting a business? That there is support out there as long as you have an idea. We live in an age where there are so many opportunities available to us so with support and funding from the university and a commitment to bringing your idea to life, you can create an amazing successful business.

If you would like to find out more, follow Lashes By Fi on Instagram.

With thanks to Efiah Clifford-Brown
Edited by Bob Lee

 


No comments:

Post a Comment