Tuesday 21 May 2019

How the start-up visa led me to business opportunities in London


We caught up with Saket Gautam who graduated in 2014 after studying Business Administration. Saket successfully applied for the Start-up visa (formerly known as a Tier 1 visa) and has since gone on to set up multiple businesses in London.

Saket reflects back at his start-up journey from his time at university to the present day.

'I wanted to create a tool to help people earn a living. There are so many people who do not have jobs and resources but are willing to work and have required skills to be a cleaner or a plumber but they cannot find jobs. I wanted to provide them work and create jobs.

Today we have a team of 50 cleaners and 15 painters who work for the company Local London Contractors. I have created 60-70 jobs with this company'.


How it started

'The first idea - I wanted to build a mobile application to connect cleaners with consumers in London. The idea was to create a marketplace by connecting cleaners directly with consumers by use of their smartphones. The mobile application was using the smartphone GPS to track the location of the cleaners and we were assigning them jobs in their local areas.

We were making cleaners more efficient and were reducing their administrative work. We wanted to create a platform to support small businesses.'

Support

'The biggest support that I had came from the B-Enterprising team and the start-up manager. Throughout the 2 years I was mentored by Paul Adams who supported me with the overall business strategy. He also helped me to overcome challenges on our day to day operations. Your business is as good as the team around you. Initially, I had trouble hiring good people and a lot of people I had hired didn't match expectations. It took us almost 5 years to get to where we are today. A lot of startups underestimate the time they have to spend on hiring people. Hiring people is one of the key challenges faced by Entrepreneurs worldwide.'

Tips for entrepreneurs
'You hear a lot about 'Do What you Love' but I would advise you to do a business which makes money. I never wanted to run or start a contract cleaning or painting business, I just wanted to do a technology business. After running the technology business for 2 years and burning over £100,000, I pivoted, and started taking cleaning contracts for construction sites. If I had continued with the tech startup than I would have gone bankrupt.

Entrepreneurs should be open to explore different opportunities while doing business. Never get stuck on an idea. Figure out how to make money. Try to avoid taking investment in the first few years of your business. Do it with your own money and grow it slowly. Money can't solve all the problem of the startup world.

Well, I have had a great experience in starting a business. I can say that I love every single day of my work life and I am living the Entrepreneurs dream. It's important to figure out what makes you happy. For me, it was all about helping people and creating jobs.

Learn the basics of cashflow and money management and your first hire should be a sales person in your startup. If you have sales in your business, everything else will fall in line.

Today we are turning over £2million per year and have ideas to start few other businesses in near future.'

Find out more and apply for a Start-Up visa here.


22 comments:

  1. Do Not Wait Just Order Now:

    We are cheap Off Page SEO Services provider through the backlinks technique. Our services are affordable for every one you can order us anytime. Our team includes well organized persons. For order you can visit my gig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very articulate and explain your ideas and opinions clearly leaving no room for miscommunication.Please Kindly check My web: video mp3 converter

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very articulate and explain your ideas and opinions clearly leaving no room for miscommunication.Please Kindly check My web:"buy tiktok comments''

    ReplyDelete
  4. business opportunities I've proper selected to build a blog, which I hold been deficient to do for a during. Acknowledges for this inform, it's really serviceable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. business opportunities I should assert barely that its astounding! The blog is informational also always fabricate amazing entitys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. small businesses There are many tactical methods for generating good business opportunity leads online, but it really depends on what type of business you want to build.

    ReplyDelete
  7. here Successful people do not have time---they make time. Ideally, you want to rate yourself as a "1", not a zero. But unto thine ownself be true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. baccarat Cool you inscribe, the info is really salubrious further fascinating, I'll give you a connect to my scene.

    ReplyDelete
  9. บาคาร่าออนไลน์ I prefer merely excellent resources - you will see these people in:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, after reading this remarkable paragraph i am too glad to share my knowledge here with colleagues.

    Thanks & Regards
    Physiotherapist in Brampton

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blog is right on target. I've enjoyed reading your posts and hope to see more.
    Thanks & Regards
    Compare Best Mortgage Rates in Canada

    ReplyDelete

  12. This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative article.

    Thanks & Regards

    Best Mortgage Rates in Adolphustown

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbie and your success is very much an inspiration for me.
    Thanks & Regards
    BEST MORTGAGE RATES IN ALBAN

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Bookmarked this page, will come back for more. oficina virtual providencia

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbie and your success is very much an inspiration for me.Best Mortgage Rate in Ottawa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Trеvoc Sеctor 56 Gurgaon is a rеsidеntial apartmеnt that offеrs 3/4/5 BHK Luxury Apartmеnts. With its primе location, luxurious apartmеnts, and world-class amеnitiеs, thе projеct catеrs to thе nееds of discеrning homеbuyеrs sееking a contеmporary and opulеnt lifеstylе. Invеsting in Trеvoc Sеctor 56 not only guarantееs a luxurious living еxpеriеncе but also promisеs attractivе rеturns on invеstmеnt. Don't miss out on this opportunity to bе a part of this dеvеlopmеnt in Gurugram.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Godrеj Sеctor 49 Gurgaon is a rеsidеntial propеrty locatеd in thе Gurugram. Offеring a range of 2/3/4 BHK apartmеnts, this projеct is dеsignеd to providе rеsidеnts with luxury, comfort, and convеniеncе. Situatеd in a primе location, it offеrs еasy accеss to major highways and еssеntial amеnitiеs. With a host of modеrn amеnitiеs, including a gymnasium, swimming pool, and landscapеd gardеns, Godrеj Sеctor 49 offеrs a holistic living еxpеriеncе. Embracе thе opportunity to livе in this luxurious address and еnjoy thе bеst of Gurugram living.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Expеrion Sеctor 53 Gurgaon is a rеsidеntial propеrty that offеrs 3, 4, and 5 BHK luxury apartmеnts locatеd in Gurgaon. With its primе location, rеsidеnts can еnjoy thе convеniеncе of city living whilе indulging in thе tranquility of thеir lavish abodе. With mеticulous dеsign, prеmium amеnitiеs, and a commitmеnt to sophistication, Expеrion Sеctor 53 sеts a nеw standard for luxury living in Gurgaon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Godrej Budigere Cross is a new high-rise apartment project in the bustling Budigere Cross neighborhood, East Bangalore. Spanning over 28 acres, it offers 2/3/4 BHK luxurious apartments in a prime location near Old Madras Road. With modern amenities and a strategic location, it's an ideal choice for luxury living in Bangalore.
    You can also visit
    Godrej Budigere Cross: A Luxurious Apartments in Bangalore
    propertyforall
    Godrej Budigere Cross: Best Modern Apartment in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  20. I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this certain information for a long time. Registering a business involves formally establishing a legal entity with the appropriate government authorities. This typically includes selecting a business structure, such as a sole proprietorship, partnership, or corporation, and filing the necessary paperwork. Registration requirements vary by jurisdiction but commonly involve providing details about the business, its owners, and its operations. Once registered, the business obtains legal recognition, which may confer benefits such as liability protection and access to certain tax incentives or funding opportunities. Access our comprehensive library of resources by clicking here, where you'll find everything you need to know about register a business, from beginner's guides to advanced strategies.

    ReplyDelete